May is for mental health awareness
Dilution is key when you are wanting to use an oil for a specific outcome. Here is a great cheat sheet to look at!
• 1% dilution is 5-6 drops per 1oz. (30ml)
*Gentle: Children, elders, pregnant women, & chronically ill.
• 2% dilution is 10-12 drops per 1oz. (30ml)
*Mild: Healthy adults, and blends for long-term use (more than 4 weeks)
• 3% dilution is 15-18 drops per 1oz. (30ml)
*Moderate: Specific illness or injury, short-term use blends (3-4 weeks)
• 5% dilution is 25-30 drops per 1 oz. (30ml)
*Strong: Acute injury or illness, short term use blends (1-2 weeks)
Message from Amber
How are we already almost out of May?
Better yet how do I almost have a 5 month old?! Time please slow down!
Birth classes start up at the office this Saturday. These will be monthly and I am so looking forward to them! If you would like more information on what they entail please click here.
Aromatherapy workshops are still in the works! I am hoping to have those posted next month. The first class will be a workshop going over the background and what exactly aromatherapy has to offer.
Mental Health Awareness Month
May is Mental Health Awareness Month! Specifically looking into postpartum and maternal mental health it is crucial you are taking care of yourself and not just your family & others. I know..it is easier said than done.
Aromatherapy can play a huge part in mental health. It is scientifically proven that an aroma can change your mental state within seconds! Here is one of my favorite blends when I am feeling down and need a pick-me-up.
- Open the inhaler, take out the cotton and place the cotton in small bowl.
- Apply 3 drops of each essential oil to cotton.
- Use tweezers to pick up cotton and place inside inhaler and close.
- Place inhaler to nasal cavity and inhale as needed. Store in a cool, dark place.
Leave a Reply.
Here you will find:
Newsletters that were sent out in the previous months will be shared on the blog. I send a few discounts and "sales" to those that sign up that won't be posted on the blog. If you would like to opt-in for the monthly newsletter click here.